VISUAL MACHINE V3.0
VISUAL MACHINE V3.0 is an international workshop for architects and designers, which is focused on the process of creating stunning architectural CGI images with the help of V-Ray for Cinema4d and advanced techniques of post-production in Photoshop, that could dramatically improve and enhance the way you portray your designs. The workshop will be separated into two consecutive parts– Part One will demonstrate the use and set up of architectural scenes with V-Ray for Cinema4d. Part Two provides post production techniques with Photoshop which will enable you to give your renderings unique styles with a personal touch and attention to detail.
An introduction into the world of the professional architectural visualization.
- Proper file and workflow organization
- Clay render mock-ups
- Lighting set up and positioning
- Applying materials
- Various render pass types
- Post production Vs Render ratio
- Realistic Vs Abstract rendering styles
- Photo Real Vs Hyper Real renderings
- People in architectural rendering
- Creating context and content for early design stage projects
- Setting the right mood and atmosphere using post production techniques
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Part One: Rendering with V-Ray
- How to import from Rhino (or others) to Cinema4d
- How to create clean clay renders
- How to set proper lighting for your scene with V-Ray
- How to manage materials in V-Ray
- How to render your scene with V-Ray and prepare it for the post production stage
Part Two: Post production in Photoshop
- Preparing render passes and organizing your Photoshop file.
- Using render passes to enhance your render in Post Production
- Preparing and using masks in Post Production
- Inserting and blending in
- 2D assets ( people / plants / background objects ) in Photoshop Enhancing
- Lighting and changing Skies Post Production
- Creating composition focus, atmosphere and depth in Post Production
- Finalization Grading techniques
- Creating multiple mood / color options out of a single render
- Creating an abstract style image using Post Production
Each Participant should provide their own computer with the following software installed. If you do not have a software, trial versions can be found on each software company’s website. We will send participants links to the required software, trials, and plug-ins for download. Please have the software installed prior to workshop start. If you have issues installing software, we may be able to help you during the workshop.
- Rhinoceros 5
- V-Ray 3.4 (for Cinema4d)
- Additional free plug-ins (To be provided at the workshop)
- Adobe Photoshop
Visual Machine V3.0 will expand from 20 July – 23 July 2018.
Daily meetings will take place from 10:00 to 18:00 at Decode Fablab – Agiou Thoma 9, Athens, 11527 Greece
All projects will be published on DesignMorphine’s web page.
All participants who complete the workshop will receive a certificate of completion.
For attending the workshop there is no previous software experience required.
Participants need to bring their own laptops or workstations.
Please note that places are very limited on a first pay first serve basis!
Graduated Architecture at UACEG, Sofia in 2002. In 2003 Dimitar worked at the experimental practice Oosterhuis NL in Rotterdam. Moved to UK in 2004 and worked at Foster+Partners visualization team for two years. Since 2008 runs MESHROOM visualisation/ CG art studio based in London.They provide specialist 3D illustration services to some of the world’s best Architectural practices creating cutting edge visuals for architectural competitions worldwide. Some of their clients are Foster+Partners , Zaha Hadid Architects, SOM and Heatherwick Studio.
Fabio Palvelli is a designer and visualizer that has worked with clients such as Redbull, Porsche, Zaha Hadid and Gensler. He is one of the co-founders of the d2Vienna, the biggest conference in the field of architectural visualization that takes place each year in Vienna. Fabio has taught numerous successful workshops around Europe as well as being a professor in Universities. Fabio is also a co-founder of the popular internet blog and facebook page 3D-Dreaming – Architecture from a digital point of view as well as being a YouTube personality.
USA & Poland
Architectural Designer @ Laguarda.Low Architects
March @ Cornell Univerity
Mat graduated with a Bachelor of architecture from the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and a Master of architecture from Cornell University. He has experience working for architecture firms in the United Stated and European Union, producing mix use, office, commercial and governmental projects globally. He specializes in 3D modeling and visualization work. Outside of the office, Mat enjoys traveling and creating films.